Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wow! It's been a long time since I last posted on here! I don't get a lot of time anymore to write about everything that's been going on.
There really isn't a lot to say except that Hayden has turned three in February. We had a dinosaur party with some of his cousins on my side and then I was too tired to repeat the process for the following weekend on the other side of the family. (Besides, having it combined with Natalie's 8th birthday and Janalyn's __th birthday, I'm sure they wouldn't have been as excited about pinning the horn on the triceratops!)
I think turning three has brought some changes to Hayden's personality. He has been a lot more curious about things. And he is always surprising us with the strange things he says. Just when you think he is only three and doesn't understand certain things. The other day, I was explaining to him the difference between eating foods that are good for your body and foods that are bad for you. I later asked him what he wanted for lunch. He said "Cheetos!" I said "Hayden, you can't just eat Cheetos for lunch." He said, "Why, mama? Because they are bad for my body?" I said "Yes." And he replied, "But they make me SO happy!" :) I just laughed at such an honest answer from a three-year-old.
The other morning I woke up to Hayden jumping on my bed. I looked at him and said "Good morning, Hayden." He said "Good morning, mama," then immediately stopped jumping at stared at me and said "Your hair is NOT pretty!" I laughed. What could I say to that? It was probably true. :)
It's such a blessing to have this little guy in our home. Even though he is a messy little guy and can be pretty bossy when he wants something, he always makes us laugh and forget about things that really aren't important. Sometimes he makes me realize that I'm not as smart as I think I am sometimes. If he asks me for a treat and I think I can use it as an excuse to get him to do something like put his toys away, he will repeat "First I will go put my toys away and THEN I can have a treat?" I say "Yes." and he does it.
But the other day we were going to my grandma's house and he wanted ANOTHER fruit snack after I had just given him one. I said "If you are a good boy at grandma's today, then you can have one when we get home," (thinking that he would later forget anyway and I wouldn't have to worry about it.) We left around 9:00 a.m. and got home around 4:30 p.m. Right when we got into the driveway, he said "Can I have a fruit snack now? I was good at grandma's!" If he really wants something, he will hold me to it.
I talk too much about Hayden, I know. I guess it comes with having an only child. You tend to dote on him too much. ;)
Rick is doing really well. He has been whipping out paintings like crazy lately. He has done a few temple paintings (inspired by little Sadie Huish who was diagnosed last year with terminal cancer. She requested a San Diego Temple painting from Rick and he was so honored to paint it for her.) Rick has noticed that when he has an opportunity to paint something for the good of someone else, he receives more inspiration for it and it turns out so much better than his other paintings. It has been such a blessing to our family to be able to utilize his talent to bless the lives of others. I know that's why we have all been blessed with talents anyway, so why wouldn't Heavenly Father bless us for using them in this way. Anyway, I am so proud of him and the hard work that he does and the growth that he has had through it all.
Rick is currently studying for a test in Water Conservation. He is hoping to become a certified Water Conservationist. We both feel like now is a good opportunity for this, especially with the economy the way it is and how everyone is trying to be more conscientous of water saving. He was told that if we keep using water the way we currently do, Utah will be out of water by the year 2020. That's pretty scary to me!
I am still doing the same ol', same ol'... Nothing really new. I have been trying to lose like 10 pounds or so, but that's nothing new either. I noticed that since I have been eating more raw fruits and veggies, I have started shedding some pounds though, so that's been good. I just want to feel healthy and not so groggy during the day.
Thanks for reading and I hope everyone is doing well! We love you all and thank you for your continued support of our family.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

What a coincidence, Cheetos make ME happy too! Aren't they so funny at this age? Hayden is so dang cute.

Amber said...

FINALLY you posted! Yay! Such a cute post about Hayden too. Let's have a Cheetos party soon, whether our hair is pretty or not. :)